Friday, July 22, 2011

Hello friends

I've been hounded by some friends for years to do this, so here it is.  My take on things is about as cut and dried and honest as you will ever get. We all know where this world is headed today, and alot of folks are wondering what they can do to prepare.  There are so many sites out there taking advantage of people with $500 buckets of freeze-dried ramen noodles and overpriced survival equipment that you'd have a small fortune invested in a 2 day emergency situation.  There really are alternatives.

     Most folks don't realize how long store bought canned food and properly stored dry goods will actually last.  You don't need a stockpile of expensive M.R.E.'s.  Every winter, we get some crazy storm and everybody and their uncle is beating a path to the local grocery store to fight over the last jug of milk while I sit in my well stocked home I keep for my family.  No, I'm not one of those nutty hoarders who has to climb over a thousand boxes of quick rice just to get to the toilet, I am simply prepared.  If we have to eat, repair something , or sling lead, I've got it covered.  We all need to be able to say that.  The truth is, money is practically worthless nowadays. We all know what kind of help we'll get from Washington.  We're on our own.  We need to get back to the way our grandparents lived where they "used it up, wore it out, made it work, or did without."  My personal opinion on money is to convert as much of it as you can afford to into things your family needs.  Do it now, because it'll surely cost more tomorrow.
    
    Every day I see an ad telling me to buy gold.  How the hell are you going to buy gold at $1600 an ounce when you're lucky to have gas money for the week?  My advice?  Think about the currency of the new millenium...ammo.  I had a friend who came into some money and asked me what I'd do.  Long story short, he bought 20 tins of ammo at $100 each, then sold them at a gun show for $300 each when Mr. Obama became president.  All he had to do was pay $50 for the table space at the gun show.  You won't get a return like that from any bank!  When the "system" has failed us, we are forced to find ways around the system. 

No comments:

Post a Comment